Non-credit Evening Language Courses at UQAM
Target Public :
Individuals, students, professionals of any discipline.
Levels Offered :
* Level determined by the mandatory placement test
Course Format :
Small group lessons (a maximum of 12 to 16 participants)
Course Duration :
25 hours of training. A 2.5-hour* lesson, once a week over 10 weeks (*pause included)
Click here to view the course schedule.
Teaching Approach and Content :
The objective of this course is to give tools to help anyone to :
- Structure ideas in order to write precise, concise, coherent written documents (eg. letters, memos, emails);
- Build arguments that will convince people in a variety of contexts, including delicate ones;
- Improve written expression by increasing clarity and precision while taking note of cultural and language properties of canadian, american and british cultures;
- Precisely and concisely describe events and experiences, and clearly present projects, objectives and schemes of work;
- Improve the look of written work, making it more professional and attractive by using proper syntax, grammar and suitable vocabulary;
- Understand the main ideas of formal as informal texts.
Course Material :
The course book (+/- $60) is at the student expense and its cost and the necessity to buy it are to be confirmed upon confirmed registration.