Non-credit Evening Language Courses at UQAM
- Levels are determined by a mandatory placement test.
- For a given (one course) training , the test is valid for a period of one year.
- ENGLISH and FRENCH:
The English and FRENCH classes' placement test takes place at the Linguistic Competencies Evaluation Center (Centre d'évaluation de compétences linguistiques, CECL) of the UQAM Language School. To find out schedules and book an appointment, please visit the CECL web page. The DEADLINE to take this test is WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 11, 2017.
Note : Following the placement test (if applicable) and in the event that the required level for the chosen training (s) is not reached , the fees will be reimbursed save the registration fee * of + / - $ 50 . Note that this amount includes the cost of the placement test **.
Within a year, if students enroll in more than one course in the same field (same language), the placement test charges ($ 30) will be reimbursed once the registration form is received by the Non-Credit Language Course management.
WARNING : Minimum level of language skills required for evening classes
The minimum level required for courses offered in the evening requires that we can :
- Partially understand the spoken and written language in some everyday situations;
- Grasp the main idea of a simple text or a daily conversation without being necessarily at ease to participate;
- Be able to use a few words, sentences and/or commun expressions.
This condition, which is the minimum level of language skills, applies only to courses offered in French and English. These courses aim at developing participants' skills and not to establish a first contact with these languages.
*All registration fees are taxable - GST (5 %) and PST (9.975%).
**The cost of the placement tests are non-taxable.